Tuesday, March 25, 2008

White House Easter

L and C after the fun!


Luke hunting for eggs!
Easter Egg Roll

Our group of rollers!
In front of the White House
On the way in... it was freezing!



We were fortunate enough to be invited to attend the annual White House Easter Egg Roll. Thank you!!!! It was such a fun experience. There were so many fun things for the kids to do and yes, there is an actual egg roll! We met a bunch of friends there and really enjoyed hanging out and watching the kids. There were kid concerts (Disney playhouse, imagination movers, Jonas Brothers) and PBS Characters (Curious George, Miguel, Clifford, etc) that you could take pictures with (although Luke thought they were much cooler from a distance). Luke's favorite part was the concerts since he recognized them from TV. He also really loved the Easter Egg Roll. Carys tried to join in the egg hunt, but was not too sure what she was looking for. It was a great day all in all! I really had no idea what a big event this was. Some people camp out for tickets and dress up in the Easter/Sunday best. I was really missing out! Anyway, I will be scouting out someone for tickets next year since it was a big hit with our family!

6 comments:

melbo said...

How fun! I had no idea that the egg roll was such a big deal! Oh, the things you learn when you have kids. I'm glad you got to experience it; maybe I'll have to do some camping next year!

RTM said...

The best part for me was when we were rolling down the hill from the White House while mom waited in line for the egg hunt for us. There was a stage off to the side of the lawn, kind of in the trees, and a band was playing kid-oriented rock music, wearing brightly colored one-piece mechanic-like cover-alls, and jumping up and down playing their instruments. Luke's face lit up, he pointed and excitedly yelled, "LOOK,
DAD, THE IMAGINATION MOVERS!!!" We went in for a closer look, and Luke stood up in the stroller, utterly star struck. Carys couldn't have cared less. I think the reason I thought it was so funny is that I knew Luke HATES the Wiggles, but I had no idea he was such a fan of the Imagination Movers (I'd never heard of them until the other day).

For those of you who are clueless like me, or just don't have toddlers who control your TV, here are links to both kid bands, the hated and the adored:
http://www.thewiggles.com.au/us/home/
http://www.imaginationmovers.com/

JessicaM said...

I saw you guys linked off Tina and Scott's profile. I'm glad you are doing so well. You kids are so cute!

Tina said...

You guys are so lucky to get to have such unique experiences with your kids by living in DC. What fun!

Newmans said...

Wow, what a fun Easter and to be able to go to the White House! How do you like your double stroller? I'm totally confused with what I should do with number two and the stroller situation!

Johnny and Angela Dayton said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! I'm so glad you are taking advantage of living in the Nations Capital. By the way Rob --- you are looking like a real lawyer!!!