Monday, March 10, 2008

29

Today I turned 29...although I am not claiming it until I actually look my age. (Please don't tell me if you think I already do!) I got a fabulous facial tonight from a lady in my ward. I felt so relaxed and it was nice to do something for my skin which is the first thing that shows your age. In a way, I felt like I was sticking it to my age by defying it with massage, steam, and product! :) All day, I have been thinking about how I feel and what I have learned in life. I watched a show last night that talked about regrets and thus I was thinking about what I would truly change in my life or repeat if I got the chance to relive some moment. Rather than focusing on the not so pleasant things I'd like to erase and definitely NOT relive, I decided to write about some of the moments I would love to see or experience again (in no particular order).

#1: My wedding day and my reception in Miami- it was just an amazing day. The pictures turned out awesome, my dream dress, my dream man, my dream everything! Not to mention we looked great and we had such a fun courtship! I would love to get remarried to the same man but do the wedding part again.
#2: When I got accepted to BYU, I surprised my mom with flowers and a card. She was very proud at that moment...even though secretly, I wasn't so sure about the whole UT thing. Just another moment that was about to change everything.
#3: When I signed the papers and we bought our first home/condo in VA. It was such an accomplishment for us-one we really didn't think we would be able to do. It literally changed our whole life. Rob was in S. Korea at the time and I signed everything myself. I even toasted to myself and moved by myself...luckily we didn't have much stuff.
#4: My YW Recognition was also my farewell to Miami before college. It was full of people I loved and who loved me, members of the church and not. I will never forget my sister saying in her talk, "You never asked me if you could leave for UT." It was her simple statement of love.
#5: Our girls (mom, Julie, Coursey) road trip across the country when I was 15. What an adventure. My mom said, "let's go!" We were packed and in the car in less than 2 days. We sung to Air Supply and saw all the sights!
#6: Going up to Tina's cabin with her family and our friends was a great memory. It was the first time Rob kissed me. After four wheeling all day, he combed my snarled hair on the porch while the others were playing games and I just knew he was someone special.
#7: Spending endless days swimming at my grandparents house with Coursey. We played every waking moment together and loved every minute! It made my childhood so great and always makes me smile. Now we grew and so did our relationship.
#8: When I found out I was pregnant the first time. I was so excited for the experience I took pictures often and even took some tastefully done photos so I never forget how beautiful I felt during that time in my life. (I didn't feel so pretty with the second one.) The first moment I held Luke and Carys changed my life. When I found our I was having a boy, I literally cried with fear of the unknown. How was I to know the joy and challenge my little man would bring to my life. He amazes me daily and I love him more than life itself. Carys was my wished for girl and she hasn't disappointed me in any way. I love her sweetness and she is beautiful inside and out.
#9: I will never forget all the times my mom caught me skipping school, staying out too late, or not being where I was supposed to be. Although at the time, I was angry and embarrassed by my mom standing outside of the window of the 24 hour gym in her moo-moo because I was out too late and she found out! She taught me the meaning of motherhood...unconditional love and no grey like world will give you...she always made choosing the right easier because I always knew her stand on it.
#10: Last, I would love to go back to the softball games where I hit triples or doubles and just rocked in left field! It made me feel so alive when I had a great game, plus I got the opportunity to play on the same team with Coursey one year! Oh to be young!


I am sure there are many many more, but I fear you will lose interest in my reminiscing. There you have it...some special moments from my 29 years of living. To the friends and family who got me this far- Thanks and I love you! (please click on the pics to see them...scanning made them small and I can't fix them.)



Rob and Julie Wedding Day
Julie turns 5 and I think I look like Luke here.
I felt so pretty in this moment, I had to capture it and share it.


11 comments:

Alicia said...

Happy 29th Birthday Julie!! It was fun to find your blog and catch up on your family's whereabouts. It feels like it's been forever since we have seen you guys! This will be a great way for us to keep in touch. ~Alicia

Brynn said...

Wow you posted a bunch and I love them all. Umm, hello gorgeous couple on your wedding day! What a great post of the good of the past.

RTM said...

Who's that dude in the wedding pictures? I don't recognize him.

Shelly said...

Wow, Rob was quite the blondie! Who knew? You look gorgeous, I really love the pregnant picture. It is beautiful.

Andy and Katy said...

I am glad that you had a good b-day. You and Rob look so young in your wedding pics. I loved reading you post and seeing all of your cute pics. xoxo Katy

Erika said...

Miss you!!! Happy Birthday!

Natalie C. said...

Fun memories to read. You look really beautiful in those photos, too. I had no idea it was your birthday yesterday. I hope it was a good one! :)

Andrea said...

what a great summary of the best moments of your life!! and who IS that dude in your wedding pictures? blonde?! yes, that picture of you at 5 looks EXACTLY like you! and i've always thought he looked like rob! can't wait to celebrate 2-9 tonight... buh-buh-buh benny....

Andrea said...

okay i meant the picture looked like LUKE, of course it looks like YOU since it IS you!! this coming from the half-brain who left a door of her car open while running nick into school this morning.... can i blame it on the baby? or divide it amongst the three??

Ryann said...

Happy birthday! And those wedding pictures...you are stunning! But I have always thought that you were one of the most beautiful women I've known:)

melbo said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing, I love reminiscent posts. And oh-la-la, you are gorgeous!