In February we went to the Great Wolf Lodge with some friends. It was one of the best family weekends we've had in a long time. The Lodge was amazing and totally kid friendly. We only spent one night, but we played at the water park two days. We basically ran the kids until the dropped. The best part was that the adults had a blast too! The boys loved the water slides and Nick was really brave begging his parents to hit the bigger slides regularly. WE did manage to peer pressure Luke into a few of those, but he wasn't a repeat rider. However the kids* could wade in shallow water and slide of smaller slides. They played so nicely and independently we were able to switch off a little bit and hit the adults only rides. My proudest moment was actually attempting the Surfing Ride...I even rolled. I felt so young even though it was probably very obvious I was not in the eyes of the teeny boppers watching my fat butt ride the wave! Oh well, I was not alone...Andrea, Rob, and Shawn all did it too! The men were the catalyst to us, the moms, trying it. They taunted us enough we decided we were up for the challenge. Our kids were so proud! Anyway, I highly recommend this place. It is in Williamsburg and has enough to keep the kids entertained, fed, and comfy for a nice little get away!
*Andrea and Shawn's kids: Nick 4, Ryan 2, and baby Gavin!


2 comments:
where are the videos of the awesome moms rolling on the surf board???
That looks like a lot of fun!! Is the Wolf lodge close to home? And Julie, I am 4 years younger than you, haven't had any kids, and you look better in a swimsuit than I do! So shush! :)
Post a Comment