Sunday, April 06, 2008

Just clowning around!

Here are some pictures and an update on some of the fun stuff we've done lately.




Yo! Yo! I am going to the circus!


Dad and Luke in his new circus hat!

Luke and Mom at the circus!


#1 -For those of you who don't know, I have wanted to attend a circus for years. Every time I hear the Ringling Bros. are in town, I beg Rob to take me. (He never has, but that is beside the point.) I think it is the nostalgia of it all, but I just thought it would be so fun! Well, it took having a toddler to finally get tickets. We got some cheap tickets (although the $12 cotton candy/hat jacked up the price of the circus) at the last minute and took Luke to the circus on Friday. It was a blast. At the beginning of the show Luke looked at Rob and said, "This is the best place ever!" That made it all worth it! It was a pretty typical circus so I won't bore you with all the show details, but Luke's favorite part was the cannon shooting out the two people! He thought that was amazing. The highlight of the night for me was the little dogs doing tricks. Seriously, these little bishon frises and toy poodles were jumping rope on two feet, doing back flips, sliding down slides, and dancing! It was awesome! The worst part of the show was the people sitting behind us that smelled extremely stale and dirty! I kept smelling Luke and Rob and even myself to make sure it wasn't us! (You know you would have too!) Luckily they left after intermission! It was a night to remember. We can't wait to take Carys next year! Oh, on the car ride home Luke said, "It was even more circus-ee than I thought! There was so much going on I couldn't watch it all! It was so fun." I loved it and loved that he loved it!


#2- We went on a school field trip to a local farm. Rob worked from home most of the day and was able to go with us in the morning. It was a lot of fun although it was freezing!




Carys at the farm



Carys


Luke on the tractor at the farm



Carys and daddy check out the chickens


#3- Dad and Luke went on their first official fishing trip last Saturday! It was quite an adventure! They organized their tackle box the night before. They got their cooler and gear together and put by the front door. Then they left bright and early so they could get a good spot and get the fish while they were hungry! Well, it was a pretty cold morning and the fish weren't feeling very frisky. Unfortunately, Luke's first fishing trip did not end with a catch. Luke said, " It was still fun. The fish were too cold. We used worms, cheese, and crank bait, Mom!" He is eager to try again when it warms up. Rob was so proud of his little fishing partner. It was true father and son bonding.


Look at my handsome boy!


Evidently, Luke is quite the little caster...note the bobber flying through the air!



Luke just waiting for a bite or a nibble.

No comments: