Sunday, September 20, 2009

Well, this is the beginning of the end...sports with kids on Saturdays! We started soccer this fall. Originally it was just going to be Luke, but we found out they had a team for Carys too! She is way more in to soccer at 3 than Luke was--probably because she has an older brother. Although the Saturdays are busy, the kids are loving it. They started last weekend and I took a ton of pictures. I will NOT be taking pictures every week, but I promise to take a few more towards the end to document any improvement. Soccer is not that easy to photograph either....luckily, Coursey was with us last week and was the photographer for Luke's game!

Carys' team ended up being more like drills with parents. (Don't even get me started on how much money it costs to basically do what we could do on our own, but she loves it.) She only plays on Saturdays.

Luke has one practice each Monday evening and a game on Saturdays. It is nice because they divide the large team into 3-4 fields to play 3v3 with frequent rotations and water breaks. Luke gets a lot of ball time and was able to score quite a bit over the past couple of games...which I think is good for them at this age. In some ways it isn't realistic to score a lot so I was glad that the teams are pretty well matched up. I think that he would be very disenchanted if he never saw ball time. Next year he will have the full field experience and that will be a great transition age for it. Right now they are both having fun and that is what counts, right? Rob has been very involved with both teams...coaching one of the smaller fields or running drills with Carys. It is good for the kids to have that time with him!





I just loved how she decided to sit on her ball when her coach was talking.


She runs the entire time and loves it!


I love this shot...see the ball in the air?!


Luke on an out rotation talking with dad about the game so far...handsome boys.


Get it Luke!


The girl is saying, "Yes!" because Luke made a GOAL!



Kick it, Luke!


Our gorgeous cheerleaders!

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

I wish we lived closer to your little family. I miss going to all my kids games. I loved it! It got me out of the house and housework. It was so good for the kids too. It's a good way for them to make friends, learn about cooperation and teamwork, learn coordination skills, and spend time with mom and dad looking proudly on. I think the kids love wearing the uniforms too. Keep posting pictures. Mom M.