Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm A Big Girl Now!


Carys is ready for her first day of preschool! Her class is the Green Turtle class! We wanted to make this a big day for her since she was so caught up in Luke going to Kindergarten. She has been wanting to go to Kindergarten too and didn't understand why he could go and she couldn't. Now, was her turn! The classroom was awesome and large with tons of activities. There are 15 kids, 2 adults and her teacher is Mrs. Beth ( I loved her!). They seem to have a great structure and program at this preschool. This is a different preschool than Luke attended for 3 years so the entire experience is new for us. I think the change is a good one. The school is closer and I think it is nice for her to have her own place. I just think she looks so grown up these days...imagine how big she is going to seem when I have this baby boy! We got our orientation to the classroom today together for 1 1/2 hrs. She will go the entire time on Thursday. She is already excited to go again!


Carys is sporting her new Hello Kitty pink book bag!

Carys hanging up her book bag at her cubby.she did a great job at recognizing her name!



Carys had to recognize her name at the attendance center and get her name tag...she did a great job!


Mommy and Carys did a classroom scavenger hunt in order to find all the fun centers. She had to collect shapes to glue to her poster. She had a great time!

Carys made her place mat for snack time...plate, cup and napkin template.


Carys playing doll house...the first thing she gravitated to. It was funny to see ALL the little boys flock to the trucks and cars. The girls ALL congregated int he housekeeping and doll/dress up area. I wonder if that will be every day or if they will cross enemy territory?! :)

At circle time, Carys naturally sat right in the middle of 4 boys! I think it was coincidence, but it was funny since most of her friends outside of school are boys too! At least she'll be right at home!

Carys was the flag holder helper today during the pledge.

They lined up for the first time to walk to the playground and she was the only one facing backwards...it was hilarious! She loved the playground!

4 comments:

Tina said...

She looks so cute and big. How fun for her!!

RTM said...

Too cute! Glad you tried to "make a big deal" of it for her.

Mom and Dad said...

There is no doubt about the fact that Launa and I have the most beautiful and smartest grandchildren in the entire world. Thanks for the blow by blow documentation of the first day. What a doll!

Brynn said...

She is absolutely adorable! She must be so excited. I can't believe she is big enough to go to preschool! Remember when her hair weighed more than her body?