We celebrated our 8th anniversary by taking a day trip to Monticello. We also headed to an orchard, movie, and The Melting Pot for dinner. It was a kid-free day and we had a lot of fun to have adult conversation all day!!!

Here we are in the flower garden behind the house.

I made Rob take this picture because I thought these flowers were beautiful!

Rob was so impressed with this photo he took, I just had to include it! It is really great though!

Rob is standing in front of what we would call the garage, but really it is the carriage house.

These burners were called stew ovens for the french cuisine Thomas Jefferson had his chefs learn and cook. He actually sent his main chef to culinary school in France.

The coolest part of this house is the fact that Thomas Jefferson called it his, "Essay in Architecture." This was because he designed it entirely after the architecture styles he loved.

This was only part of the garden he had. He farmed some amazing vegetables and crops for his time.

We stopped at the orchard and enjoyed some homemade donuts and a peach cider slushy. Both were delicious. This is the view!
Love you, babe! What a great day and a great way to celebrate 8 years of marriage. It is hard to believe so much time has passed and so much has transpired in our life together...here's to the next 8!
5 comments:
Congratulations! I love that you celebrate my birthday every year. I know you don't call it my bday, but instead your anniversary...but regardless, I am touched to celebrate me each year! *snicker, snicker*
So I just needed to tell you how dang cute you are miss pregnant woman! The top picture is frame quality! So cute. Miss you!
Julie you look GREAT!! Glad you guys had a fun trip. It looks really pretty there!
Congrats!! You look great. Your hair looks really pretty. Glad you had fun!!
Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been eight years. Where did they go? I'm glad the two of you took time to celebrate. You need that time together before the baby comes! Sounds like Luke and Carys had a great day with Aunt Coursey! Loved the pictures. You are a cute pregnant lady and Rob is so handsome. But of course, we only have good-looking people in our family! Love and miss all of you! Carys asked me if I could come to your house on Friday. It about broke my heart. Love ya, Mom M.
Congratulations! Eight years and a third on the way! What an eventful eight years. You look so great prego!! I want to live Jefferson style. He knew how to live the good life, without air conditioning at least.
Post a Comment