I think we have been in a bit of denial- Rob and I. Well, to be honest, Rob is in more of denial than I am. We can't even decide on a name! (I know the horror!) We just keep on with life as if it isn't happening. It hit me yesterday that this baby will be here in 6 weeks or less! (scheduling for Nov. 1st) There is so much to do and so little time! Plus, all Rob can think about is hunting and what Saturdays will work to do his fun new hobby without soccer, baby, etc. That discussion is for an entirely different post...MEN! Anyway, I think that in some ways we see the third as "been there, done that." But, we haven't been there- there being a family with three kids- and we haven't done that -that being managed three little ones with three different sets of needs while recovering from a C-section. With all of the changes that have come this fall already, the baby really should take the cake but we just keep acting like it is merely a side note. Again, I say, I think we are in a bit of denial...denial about how our world will be shifting back to baby mode and denial about all that is required to get ready for and handle this change. I am not upset at all, just realizing that I'd better get on the ball!
With all of that being said...We can't wait to meet our little man and have him meet his siblings. All of the changes, as scary as they can be, are so welcomed worth it. I secretly hope I come a little early just so I can hold him sooner. :) Here are a couple of not so great pictures that I took of myself last week or so. (32 weeks)
3 comments:
You look great! And I think that baby #3 sneaks up on everyone. I remember feeling like I was too busy to pay any attention to the pregnancy. Luckily, I didn't feel that way when the baby came and neither will you! You'll be ready and everyone will love the little man!
As I keep saying, muzzleloader season was scheduled before junior. ;-) Julie knows I'm joking.
Denial? Maybe, but as much as anything, isn't just amazing how fast life whizzes by? It sure doesn't take much effort to "deny" that the little guy is almost here. It's tough enough just to keep up with the two we already have! Fun. Fun.
The more kids you have just adds to the fun. My dad said, "We had the most fun when our children were little." I might have to change his comment to, "We had the most fun when our children lived at home." My all time favorite job has been being a mother. I cherish the good times and the not so good times. If I had the chance I would do it all over again! Of course, the grandkids are sure a lot of fun too! Your kids are so cute--you should have a dozen! Mom M.
Post a Comment