Friday, September 11, 2009
H1N1 anyone?
Well, this week I witnessed what to me, was one of my yuckiest moments as a mom yet! There I was waiting in line to check out at The Children's Place when I turned around to see Carys licking the metal pole like an ice cream cone. I squealed in shock and said, "Carys, that is yucky. Don't do that." She said, "I just kidding!" Then she did it AGAIN!!!!! Then, I had to reprimand at eye level and really explain why I didn't want her to lick the dirty pole. Moms in line were horrified, I am sure. I made eye contact with one as I was expressing how that just makes me want to throw up. I could just tell she wanted to puke too! A friend said, "it isn't like you can anti-bacterial her tongue like you can hands!" So true! So gross! It is even worse because of the panic over Swine Flu going around and growing worse this fall/winter. I totally forgot about the experience until yesterday when Carys walked up to me on the playground and showed me the piece of candy in her mouth that she found in the wood chips! I took it out of her mouth, of course, and proceeded to tell her again why we don't dot hings like that! AHH! Isn't 3 a little bit old for picking up random things and putting them in their mouths?! GROSS! Just to be safe, we all got our flu shots today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's just great. Kids are so gross. Remember what Carson picked up in the backyard and brought to show us?
Speechless. Wash her tongue out with soap?!? Love the 'just kidding' excuse, just to do it again. Classic! Maybe she is more tomboy than you thought. Better that than a prissy girl. I can't believe I just tried to turn pole licking into a good thing......
Post a Comment