Thursday, January 17, 2008

Eating me out of house and home and Carys' other new tricks!





Many of you know that I am fond of food! I make no secret of my love of fast food, particularly McDonalds sausage egg biscuit and hashbrown breakfast meal. (I have cut back to 1-2 times a week...woo hoo!) Well, my daughter is no petite petunia, but she isn't hefty either. Man, can she throw down some food! Tonight we went to the Old Country Buffet with my family. Luke, who has been having 2 lunches every day this week, only ate macaroni and cheese and fruit. All of the adults ate ourselves sick, but Carys really gave us a run for our money! I couldn't believe the amount of food she ate. She out ate Luke by three and she downed odd foods like mushrooms and zucchini. The dish of ice cream was by far her favorite though. I better come up with some better meals to serve at home because I have not yet inspired such an appetite at home. Probably says something about my cooking?! :)

Other notes on Carys:

She has been so talkative lately! She is adding words like crazy! Now she says, mama, bye, hi, up, down, go, poop, cheese, co co, dad dad, mom mom, shoes, socks, book, blanket or something like it, cracker, and some others I can't remember right now. I love it that she is copying everything and learning new things everyday. Today she tried to play rock paper scissors and use her fingers to do 1 + 1 like emom and Luke were doing. She dances like a rock star... stomp stomp shake your bootie! She cheeses for the camera and protests loudly when she is offended. My favorite thing lately is that I feel like I really have a little girl. She made me put makeup on her cheeks and eyes (empty makeup brushes) and then looked fondly at herself in the mirror! I about died laughing!

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Let the kids have fun when they go out to eat. Brian would tell the boys to "make me proud guys," whenever we would go to "Chuck a rama." They would be so full when we went home that they would want to lay on the floor of the van instead of sitting in their seats. By the way, teach Carys to say, "I love Grandma." Mom M. (Grandma)