Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Caffeine the Wonder Drug!? definitely not, but I like it.

So, I am probably the only "Mormon Mom" who will briefly endorse Coca-Cola! Just hear me out. I have terrible pain in my face and teeth with this sinus infection. Nothing has really taken away the pain until....my McDonald's Coke this afternoon. I called Rob and asked him to look up if caffeine can aid in pain relief. He found some articles that say when paired with Tylenol or Advil it can help with pain. He also found some articles that say it can increase inflammation and pain. Naturally, I am totally disregarding the fact that I am on my fourth round of antibiotics and my fever has basically broken. I want the validation for my vice, is that so wrong?! Yes, it is. Anyway, I really think it helped. I made the realization when I shook my booty to the Backyardigans on TV with my kids...I felt better! YEAH! Today, Coke is my hero. Tomorrow, I am back to trying to kick my one a day habit. (which really isn't that bad, but we all have to feel guilty about something)

2 comments:

Ryann said...

I am with you. I love Coke and Dr. Pepper and I'm not even sick. I prefer that to any other kind of soda. Only when I'm pregnant do I give up my wonderful addiction!

Andy Morgan said...

Oh, you are fine. I recently quit drinking dr. pepper on Monday and I have done nothing but yell since. I keep telling myself-"this too shall pass" I just hope that I have family when it does. Keep in touch. Katy