Thursday, January 24, 2008
Did I miss the spring weather report?
Why? I repeat. Why?? Why can't I go shopping and find anything appropriate for the season we are in? Namely winter. This has been bugging me since I went shopping for some winter dresses for Carys right after Christmas. I went to Target, Babies R Us, and another store and couldn't find one single long sleeve dress! There were sleeveless dresses with spring flowers, lilac sashes, and white satin ribbon! Easter?! I do realize that in many parts of the country winter has been in full force for quite some time now, but we are just getting started. Shouldn't retail companies base their inventory on the location of their individual stores and the needs of the local customers? I am not a business woman, but it doesn't make me more eager to buy spring clothes. I don't even know what size my kids will be in the spring! Do you feel me or am I just a whiner?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You're a whiner...but in this case, you're absolutely right. ;-)
Julie, I feel your pain. And I'm such a stickler with dresses for Ellie. I don't put her in dresses that don't have sleeves, even in the summer. I don't care how young she is, I think she should be dressed modestly. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to find dresses (even in the winter!) that have sleeves (long or short). It's so ridiculous. Good luck!
I found Finn a cute little dress for $10 at target and then they had the cutest white sweaters for $6 to wear over it. I figure if I bought it a little bit bigger that when the wheather is warmer she can go without the sweater. Love ya, Katy.
Post a Comment