Thursday, December 13, 2007

I give these cookies two thumbs up!



































So, I am the crazy mom that, according to Rob, spends frivolously on Christmas crafts for kids.
Well, I will admit that some are not worth the money and are more frustrating than they are worth. Not this "color-a-cookie Pre-Baked Cookie Kit!" I originally bought this kit to do with some friends and their kids, but I was so glad I waited to do them with Luke and Carys...not that it wouldn't have been satisfying to do with my friends. :) There are nine cookies in the box that have pictures on them to color. There are food coloring markers/pens that you use to color the picture in and create your edible cookie art. My kids loved it and the kid in me loved it! The markers were really smooth and easy for the kids to hold and use. It does require some monitoring since it would most likely stain a couch or carpet being that it is food coloring. There are different themed kits and we chose Rudolph. We worked for a while and colored all 9 cookies. The only down side was they weren't my favorite cookie to eat. I am sure the crunchiness of the cookies just added to the adventure for the kids. The best part was that Carys kept focused eventhough she stole a bite from many of the cookies before we were finished. I am going to share the cookies. I thought Carys did a great job coloring her cookie...her scribbles were concentrated in the reindeer area. My final note...I give this cookie kit my mother seal of approval! *I got it at Michaels on sale!

I can't figure out how to add picture comments so #1-carys'cookie #2-Luke's cookie #3 kids #4-all of our cookies

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Yes, it was at Bull Run. It was fun although the 2.5 miles seemed really short. The kids wanted to go again right away but at those prices we had to turn them down.