Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fed Ex from Miami!

It all started with a phone call from my mother just as we were walking out the door to go to the dreaded mall. She said a fed ex package was overnighted and was due by 10 am. So, we decided to send me to the grocery store while Rob and the kids waited for the Fed Ex truck. My mom called back and said it was already in route and would be there by 9. Since, I was already in the car on my way, I just ignored that and said I won't be long and we will resume our Saturday plans. Considering I bought the store, I only took about 35 minutes. I thought that was a short trip. I got home and started up the front steps to get Rob, who was already meeting me to help with the groceries. We were chatting with our neighbor when Rob announced, "Well, the Fed Ex just pulled up." I look up and see a regular SUV. I respond, "What, is Fed Ex using regular cars now?" Then, Duh! The car is my grandparents car! It didn't even click until their mini-dachshund got out of the car and ran up to me! I didn't even recognize their car! I am LAME! My mom and grandparents drove up to surprise us for Christmas! My mom got out of the car with "Fed Ex" written on her hand and a check in her fingers from my step-dad and her. They were waiting for me to get out of the store...they practically followed me home! Sneaky sneaks! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME! I mean US! I was so shocked I nearly cried! I couldn't stop laughing as I recalled the zillion phone calls I made to my mom and vice versa yesterday while they were all in the car secretly laughing at their elaborate lies to throw me off their scent! Anyway, what a fun surprise! Christmas day will be so much fun with them here...lets hope we don't all get sick again this year!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

How fun! What a wonderful surprise. I hope you have a completely happy Christmas with your family.