Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas tree part 2




I was very disgruntled about my tree sniffing experience and was regretting not buying the perfectly large and full tree from the local tree lot on that Saturday of Home Depot Horror. The good news is that I am at last pleased! Last year was our first real tree and I spent a lot of time trimming it. I was eager for my family to see it and have a homey holiday for our first year staying here. This year didn't seem to be starting off quite as well. (I know I am ridiculous about the tree, but it is one tradition I carry from my childhood and it means a lot to me that our kids know the joy of searching high and low for the perfect tree.) I thought this tree was going to pale in comparison to last year's tree and that made me sad. Anyway, when this tree was all said and done it was great! I actually like the smaller version and it takes up less space in my living room. Now, I just need the perfect train set to go under it and it will be my mom's tree to a T. (Anyone know where to find one?) Some of my happiest memories are of the Christmas traditions we had as a family. I guess that is why I obsess a little over the season. :) Hey, I can admit that I'm a little nuts! What made this year especially great was that Luke was my little elf and he really trimmed the tree with me. In the end, I know the Christmas spirit is not about the tree. I just find it hard in the hustle and bustle of the season and finals and shopping to keep that jolly joyous feeling. A beautifully lit Christmas tree to sit by and plan your next day of craziness brings me back to the reason for the season and provides a little calm in my life. Anyway, here are my finished products...they aren't perfect by many other's standards, but it is perfectly the way I wanted it. I'll even throw in a picture from last year so you can see the giant tree I compared to. Also, Rob, I forgive you for making me get the tree by myself. I am fully planning that next year you will be merry and willing to "sniff" around for our family tree. :) Love to all and Merry Christmas! Send me pics of your tree as I love seeing everyone's unique style and traditions.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

I know what you mean about following traditions. I'm picky about it also. Your tree is gorgeous!

RTM said...

Glad to be forgiven, toots. You are a Christmas tree pro. The house looks great--festive--and I promise not to send you to the tree lot on your own next year!