Friday, December 18, 2009

It just wouldn't be Christmas without...

another hilarious kid Christmas program at preschool!

Carys had her first preschool program this year and I was so excited to see her sing her songs. She was, too, for the first song. Then she noticed a couple of other kids crying and getting love from the teacher...uh-oh... Those of you who know Carys' flair for the dramatic will not be surprised that her wheels began turning and the water-works began. She cried for the rest of the program. She did more than cry and pout. When the tears stopped she didn't want anyone to think HER program was over and so she moaned/whined rhythmically while the other kids sung. Oh, I almost forgot the best part! Remember Luke's little nose-picking incident at his preschool program? Well, Carys used her dress as her tissue by lifting her red satin skirt up to her runny nose (from crying) and wiping it clean! (Sadly, there is no footage or pictures of that one.) All the parents were laughing and looking at me and I had to laugh too. Her crying stopped when the children were walking out of the show and then she told me she was sad because she "wanted a hug." It would've been quicker to run to my open arms and back than to carry on throughout the entire program. You have to love how their little minds work...I love this girl!



Poor attention starved, Carys. She looked so sad I did want to save her, but her teacher came to her rescue so I could video tape it. (warning: a very bad recording!)



This is how the first song went.



This was after her crying show.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

oh my gosh, the video is even funnier than i imagined! she is crying SO HARD! what a great moment to have on camera!

Anonymous said...

One sobbing pre-school beauty + mom with a good eye for a kodak moment = priceless footage! Hilarious!

P.s. Every time we see pictures of your kids, I always comment to Mike how beautiful they are! Seriously.