Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We have the tree...CHECK!
We have the baking and treats...CHECK!
We have the snow...CHECK!
We have pictures with Santa...CHECK!


This year was much better than last years experience at HD. Rob requested I take the "tree drama" down a notch. We picked out the tree much quicker this year. BUT, it isn't perfect. In fact it has some holes and sags towards the bottom and we LOVE it. The kids, particularly Luke, had very specific ideas about where the ornaments should go. I tend to put the "uglier" ornaments in the back of the tree, but Luke would not have it. He felt bad for the "uglies" and insisted that some made their debut in the front and sides of the tree. I had to fight the urge to dictate and change where they went, but decided that these are the memories. I don't remember my mom changing anything we did. We felt like it was our tree, too, and that is why trimming the tree is such a fond family activity for me. I want it to be the same for my kids. Therefore, it isn't perfect, but it is perfectly OUR tree!


The Ultimate Chocolate-dipped cookies...coursey did the baking and I did the toppings. They are sinful and rich and all that a chocolate treat should be! I tell you if we don't put on 10 pounds this season it will be a Christmas miracle. :) These are only a couple of the treats we are making...

Luke took this pic through the sliding door...it has doubled by now!

These two pictures do not do their red cheeks justice...I swear it is amazing they didn't get frost bite!

Of course, Captain had to get in on the action. It is funny to see how the snow balls up on his fur!

"I want a star wars lego set!"

"I want ponies!"

2 comments:

Angela Boza said...

I have to say that the cookies look AWESOME --- I gained about 10 pounds thinking about eating them. Tell Coursey to send me the recipe. Have a great Christmas - you already have snow, I am soooo jealous! Miss you, I would like to see some pictures of the little man. Hunter has not lost one tooth yet, but he tells me everyday, mommy today could be the day!!!

Mom and Dad said...

Looks like Christmas at your house! What fun! Mom M.