Thursday, December 24, 2009

Baking part 2!

Well, we did it! We finished our baking!We are at least 5 pounds heavier, but it was fun. We tried all new recipes and most of them I thought turned out yummy! I have a couple I would make again...the tassies and the caramel thumbprints. I would make the bark also. Then, as if I didn't' have enough junk to eat (luckily we gave a lot away) we HAD to make some sugar cookies for Santa (requested by kiddos). Here are some pics! Coursey was really a super baker this year! She tackled the tassies when I thought maybe I chose a recipe that would prove too time consuming. I am really glad she was willing to try them because they were chocolaty delicious-ness.





This was our first time making royal icing...much better than butter cream frosting!

Yes, Carys is just like her Aunt Coursey and can put her entire hand in her mouth! She is attempting to "clean her hands."

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

You are definitely "Super Mom!" Everything looked really yummy! The only thing I got around to baking was brownies out of a box! It's a good thing we like brownies around here. Kayla made some yummy cookies. Sarah made a yummy banana cream pie! Love ya, Mom M.