Thursday, February 05, 2009

Our snow day!





Well, we finally got some snow and it was great despite the time off of school. This year I had a little cold and refused to go out in the snow. Usually I see it as a great photo opp. I mean I can wear bulky clothes, hence no one can see my true curves, and I can play like a kid with my kids. My kids were so excited to go outside, but mean mom only let them play on the deck in the back yard. The reason being...they have out grown all of their good snow stuff. That means the time spent outside was limited. Our winter has been mild so I didn't stock up this Christmas like normal. Would you buy new snow clothing for two kids for 1 snow day? (I probably will!) They had a blast out back and I made up for their lack of sledding and true snow adventure by making them some yummy hot chocolate! I really do enjoy watching the snow...I am a Miami girl through and through, although I do try to hide that from my kids since they think it is the coolest stuff to play in ever!

3 comments:

Andy and Katy said...

How fun. We are past loving the snow here. We want it gone. I am all for one snow day a year! The kids are getting so big. I cannot believe that you are going to have a 5 and 3 year old. Where the heck does the time go? Tell them we love them and miss them a ton-

Erika said...

Could they be any cuter!? Seriously...they are so adorable! (no surprise there...considering their mama!)

Mom and Dad said...

It looks like the North Pole at our house. I remember the day it would take 30 min. to put snow clothes on all the kids. After about 5 min. of playing outside one of them would have to go potty. Off would come the snow clothes. Then that particular child would want to go back outside. Another 10 min. would be spent putting the snow clothes back on. This sequence would be repeated 5 times since I had five children, sometimes more than 5 times if friends were over playing. But seeing the smiles on their little faces made it all worth it! Mom M.