Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Just like your favorite pair of jeans...

That is how I see good friends. No matter how many holes in them, how long you've had them, or how faded they are you still feel at home wearing them. I was fortunate to have my best friend, Tina and her two gorgeous kids, come out to visit for a few days in January. It was sooo much fun. Tina is one of those people that I will know for the rest of my life. We met during out freshman year of college...12 years ago! We have already transcended the miles as we have lived across the country from each other for 7 years now and it has always amazed me how easily we reconnect on visits, phone calls and just go right back into our rightful spot as friends. I love how there is never any apologies for busyness and always an immediate ear should either of our lives warrant such. Lucky for us our husbands grew up as best friends and that does make it a bit easier to stay in touch. Although, the boys do not seem to make as much time for friendship as us gals. But hey, our kids even know each other and so we are doing our part to keep our families close.

Well, she came out and we had so much fun. We are both turning 30 this spring and so we went to the melting pot for cheese and chocolate...yummy! We took the kids to a puppet show, an indoor play place or two, and really just took the chance to capitalize on how well our kiddos played and talked forever! One of the best parts of the visit was connecting Tina with some of my closest friends here. We went to see Bride Wars which was hilarious and totally a chic flick. Anyway, I didn't take very many pictures, but I have a couple that I love of her little guy...he just cracked me up when he climbed into this basket and chilled for a bit. Thanks, Tina, for the visit!

Carson in the basket...too cute!


1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

It is great to have friends and stay friends! Tina's little guy is adorable! Mom M.