Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So, I Wish I Could Dance!

Every time I watch the show, So You Think You Can Dance, I regret not pursuing dance as a young girl. I also get this intense urge to make Rob keep his promise to take dancing lessons/classes with me. (not until after law school) It is just amazing to watch people contort and move their bodies in such unnatural ways and make it look so fluid and natural. This season is going to be awesome! They just had their first competition with their 20 dancers, paired up for 10 random routines with varying styles of dance. I already don't see but 1 or 2 dancers that are going to deserve to be voted off. The rest of them are just so talented and competitive. Anyway, I really wish I could dance. Hell, I wish I could even touch my toes without wincing in pain. ;) I guess I will just spend my Wednesday and Thursday evenings living vicariously through these young talents. Hey, I can pretend that I will someday be able to cut a rug with my husband, who is unfortunately, not too rhythmical. (I love you Rob, but your signature move/bump won't make it through ballroom dance class!)

Here's a tip: Watch the show!!!! You won't regret it! It is seriously one of my most favorite shows to watch.

4 comments:

Andy and Katy said...

You guys should do it. I do believe that I have been told of the wonderful dance you and Rob did at your reception. So there must be something there.

RTM said...

I don't appreciate you publicly insulting my signature move. You don't think it works for all occasions?

Ryann said...

THat too is one of my favorite shows. It makes me so sad that I'm going to get invested in the dancers and then may not get to see who wins. Dang it!

And I so agree with the dancing. As a newlywed, I was a ballroom dance teacher. It can not get any better when you are paid to learn how to dance. I have since begged Terry to go dancing and he is just a stick in the mud about it. But I like you have dreams that it will happen!

Andrea said...

i need to tell you about the latin ballroom class i forced shawn to take at BYU. let's just say he was not happy with his grade!