Just a preface...I love my husband.
So, I went to enrichment last night and received a picture text on my phone. Rob sent a picture of my son's newly shaved head!!!!!! I nearly screamed out loud, but was surrounded by a table full of women and realized they may not appreciate or agree with my reaction. We do have to maintain the appearance of sanity in the midst of company. Luckily, I forgot about it because of the wonderful activity I was participating in. I was jolted to reality at home when I saw yet another picture of my Luke sent to my email. UH-OH. The blood was boiling. The words were swirling in my head and they weren't pretty. (what was that thing about patience we just learned about in our relationship with our spouse workshop at Relief Society?)
I know Luke's hair will grow out, but I can't say I am loving the new do. Here are my reasons:
1. He looks way too old now.
2. When it grows out it is going to look dumb until it reaches a normal length.
3. Rob used a 2 and 1 so you can see his scalp...now I have to put sunscreen on his head.
4. It just doesn't go with his style and it isn't him (or the him I have created:) It is just a shock to our system, but we will survive.
I do love this hair style or lack of on Rob. I do really like it on little boys too, but I like al ittle more on top so it can lay flat instead of velcro top. Luke does look cute and he still has his cute face so it shouldn't be a crisis. My question to you mom's out there is does hair grow straight up on all boys or is his just too short and it will be flat on top a little longer?
What was Rob thinking? He was thinking impulsively. He was thinking, "Hey, now Luke can look like me." Well, you were right, Rob, he does look like your little clone...the only up side to this new look. If he starts wearing his sunglasses on the back of his head and asking to drive a 4-wheeler I am going to be really ticked!
I think the thing that infuriated me was the fact that it was totally out of my control to do or fix. I had no say and now I am stuck with it...or he is. I guess I should mention that Luke likes his new hair. How am I ever going to raise teenagers?
honey, I am not angry anymore, sort of. (You all would be proud because there was no gnashing of teeth or yelling.) Rob did apologize for not keeping me in the loop and I know he meant no harm. Just another adventure to add to our little young family history. :)
Now that I have made a mountain out of a mole hill I will end this post! (boy, I am a little dramatic, aren't I?) ;)
4 comments:
I can understand that you were upset. But I have to say that he looks so hansome and I really like it. Yes he does look older but it looks good on him. What a little stud. Now we need to se a pic with Rob and his hair. That is the great thing hair. The difference between a good hair cut and a bad one is two weeks.
Your kids have the cutest faces ever so it doesn't really matter what's on top, although Luke does have great hair. I've never sunscreened my kids' heads so I wouldn't worry about that. And it will grow out fast. Plus at least he didn't get Carys - my uncle took my cutest little girl cousin for a haircut once that looked just like a boy's cut - it was terrible!!!
Just for the record...I used a #3 on top and a #2 on the side, not a #2 and #1. Also, you should know that Carys watched and was dying for a shaved head of her own when luke was done. I definitely knew better on that one.
Look on the bright side. Al least Luke didn't do it himself and then start on Carys. It could be worse. Anyways, Just give it a week or two and it will look nice and it just might grow on you. But then again, I keep Aaron's hair quite short also.
Post a Comment