mom's that will appreciate the mess of chocolate cake should really click on the picture for a closer look...too funny!
Carys after her ice cream sundae!
Carys opening her present from Gma and Gpa.
Well, it is official...Carys is no longer a baby! She turned two yesterday, but we were out of town and I couldn't post about it. It is hard to believe that she hasn't been two this entire past year since she hangs so well with all of her two year old friends. I just love her little ways and her fetching personality. We really have a lover on our hands with Carys and it melts our hearts. It seems like yesterday that Carys was born and began etching her name our our hearts. Here are some reasons (in no particular order) we are so thankful to have Carys in our family.
1. Carys cuddles! She wants loves all the time. It is great since she has also been a screamer and those cuddle moments remind us she is just a girl controlled by her emotions...like her mom!
2. Carys has always had an incredible smile. She can light up a room with it. She says cheese for the camera because she loves posing. She uses her smile to get whatever she wants from mom and dad...what a smart girl!
3. Carys is an excellent copier! She copies Luke and mommy in all they do. She even started pottying a few months ago just because she felt left out.
4. Carys is such a girly girl! She has to put make-up on when I am doing mine. I love how she looks in the mirror and says, "pretty!" (now lets hope she holds on to that self image when she's 16!) Her hair has been such fun for me. IT smells great and looks so much better than my own usually. What a joy to have a girl to primp!
5. Carys is feisty! she can throw down with the boys, the girls, and the adults. She is a flirt and then doesn't put up with any stuff from any other kid. BUT, she is a lover too!
6. She loves chocolate just like her mom!
7. She knows what she likes and doesn't get distracted from her goal easily. It may be difficult to manipulate her, but you have to respect her for knowing her mind so far.
8. She's a natural dancer and boater. She sits at the front of the boat and closes her eyes as she enjoys the wind in her hair! She stomp, stomp, shakes her bootie.
9. She was a perfect baby...no lie. She still sleeps great and rarely fights the bedtime!
10. She loves her brother so much. She loves her family and it is obvious that her most joyous moments are with us. It warms my heart.
There are so many more reasons to love her, but these were on the top of my head and I won't bore you with the others. Here are some pictures from her birthday celebration. We planned to have pizza and chocolate cake, but our power was out and couldn't cook the pizza. We ended up at IHOP for smiley face pancakes and ice cream. She made a mess of course, but had fun. Then, we came home to open presents and blow out some candles. I think she is finally getting that it is her birthday. She loved her clothes...a true girl. She got a princess purse and some play make-up so she can put her own on while I am doing mine (makes my life easier). She oohed and awed at every outfit! So cute!
3 comments:
i have loved carys' adorable little china doll face from the time she was born - it has been so fun to watch her grow and get to know her little feisty, sweet personality! so much like her mommy!
I cannot believe my little lady is two. She is absolutely delicious and I cannot wait to see her in August. I hope that you got our message to wish her a happy birthday and I am happy that you guys had a good time camping!! Call Me!
I fell in love with Carys even more when we came to visit. It warmed my heart that she wanted her Grandma some of the time. I'll take credit for her eyes and the fact that she likes to sit on the front of the boat with the wind blowing through her hair. That was and always will be my favorite thing to do when boating. But back in the old days we could sit on the bow of the boat. She is a cutie! Mom M.
Post a Comment