Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Luke's fourth birthday bash

Among many of the festivities over the past two weeks, Luke finally had his big kid four year old racing party. (I will be posting many pictures and will also blog about other fun things we've done this past month.) Luke's party was over the top, I must admit. I loved doing it though. This year we were happy to be able to plan it so his grandparents could be here. My mom also made the trip to help celebrate. not to mention our dear friends the Lukenich's drove down to come too! Luke felt pretty special. Every year I tell myself that the next year's birthday party will be smaller and less of a deal, but then the birthday rolls around and I can't help myself. He loves it! It is truly the one day each year I can say is just for him. He talks about it for months before and month after so I know he gets that it is something special for him. All the work and planning is all worth it in the end when you watch the kids running around with huge smiles. Yes, some would say, "kids are just as happy just eating cake." I totally agree that they are and I am sure there will many birthdays that we do that. But, until I am not up for it, he will have a bash. As an adult, I always get a little gloomy around my birthday so, I realized this year, that I need to have fun birthdays with plans and festivities. I think that is one reason I am so motivated to give my kids their days...projection of my own issues. Anyway, it was a racing party and they seemed to enjoy it! Thanks to all my family and friends who helped make this party a success.

kid pics




Adult pics

3 comments:

Andrea said...

whose kids are those with their hands all over luke's gifts anyway??? my favorite adult shot is the one i took of rebecca and brynn crossing the finish line! you throw AWESOME birthday parties, we ALL had a great time!

Shelly said...

Such a fun party. Ellie has been thanking Heavenly Father for Luke, his party and the park every day since. I'm not kidding!

Andy and Katy said...

Do you hire your birthday planning services out? What a bash, I am sorry that we missed out. Wished that we could have been there. You are so creative.