to McDonalds and eating out!
My goal: NO FAST FOOD for 3 whole days!!!! Can I do it? Please say yes!
My addiction at McD's: The medium COKE! My friends even know it is one sure way to get me places...by enticing me with a coke. Like dangling it from a fishing hook...pretty smart friends, I must say.
The sad part is I make no attempt to hide the fact that I love the empty calories only McD's provides. I get to eat alone in the car. I get to sip my Coke without my kids grabbing my drink. I get to eat somewhat in peace while my kids enjoy their own snacks or movie in the car. Basically, it is my time. But, I need to be healthy. i need to lose weight. I need to stop spending the money on stupid fast food. so, 3 days of being fast food free here I come. Baby steps. Baby steps. I will let you know if I make it. Cheer me on. (i realize this may seem trivial and easy to many of you, but I honestly crave my drive through on many levels- emotional, physical, and mentally...all of which indicates an addiction.) I will succeed and I have to conquer my inner demon. I just had to put this out there so I had some sort of tangible reminder.
*you know you have a real problem when your dear friend in her efforts to keep me motivated sends you an email, "oh, and NO MCDONALDS! IT WILL SLOWLY KILL YOU!!!!" enough said...it will kill me one day and although it will feel like it's killing me to quit, I have to! Are you with me?!!
4 comments:
so sad that i am the friend dangling it as a bribe instead of telling you it will kill you. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
I needed the bribe yesterday...you knew an afternoon out not looking at my disastrous house would be better, even with a MCD's coke!
Looks like my lovely fast-food addicted wife accidentally posted a comment as me. This is the real Rob, and YES, of course you can do it! The first step in kicking any ADDICTION is to recognize it as such, and to throw all the rationalization, justification, and silly excuse making out the window. You know, like the "I'm tired, and it's free" excuse I've used for the past year to rationalize my two diet cokes per day at work. ;-) Way to add a bit of pressure by publicly disclosing your 3 day goal. How about a 3 month goal next with promises of posting before and after pics of both of us? You in?
Funny you mention this! I just stopped going to McDs for almost 2 weeks now. I never thought I could do it...but the fact of the matter was...I didn't like the food...I was addicted to the escape (like you were saying). So I am trying to find other escapes...and it is working. Don't get me wrong, I am tempted often...just baby steps! Yay Julie! ps...i swear that mcds puts something in their food!
Post a Comment