Saturday, July 26, 2008
Just some good family shots
I have finally finished my Miami photos! These are just random shots. They are mostly posed pics of the kids. My favorites are the ones with my grandmother. My grandparents are pretty incredible with my children. They came over to "babysit" whenever we (mom and I) wanted to go somewhere to play or eat. They had us over to swim many days. Plus, they endure so much abuse from my children as Carys thinks my grandfather's feet at dancing shoes and my grandmother's face is a blank slate for pretend makeup. The kids demand constant attention from all of the family here and I have yet to see them disappointed. My family really teaches me about patience. This trip was a great break from my life at home. Rob and I miss each other terribly, but he needed the study time and I needed to get out of the line of fire.
My kids seemed to have relaxed a lot during this trip also. Luke is reading like crazy with my mom and now seems to enjoy reading this book on his own. He is crazy about riddles and jokes and games. He could learn a new card game or board game every day and then play until we all cringe at the name of it. He took swim lessons and did great! (now he is slipping back into his old ways, sadly.)
Carys is talking up a storm and is a dancing machine. She is really pottying regularly too. I guess that means I have to bite the bullet and put her in undies if I really want her to feel success. (sigh, moan) Her latest favorite thing to do is copy every single thing Luke does. If he jumps off the couch. She jumps off the couach. If he yells, "I am batman!!!" She yells her 2 year old version of the same! It is adorable and although Luke has been annoyed at times he seems to love her more.
I have to publicly thank my family for taking me in. I love them. My kids love them. Rob loves them. There support has been unwavering and for that we can never repay them. Both of our families have been wonderful throughout this law school episode of our lives. Now, one last plug...PLEASE say a prayer on Tuesday and Wednesday for Rob since he will be sitting taking the bar exam during that time. Hey, every little bit helps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment