I have just figured it out. I have always loved to cook and try new recipes. I just don't have the time, energy, money, or patience with the kids to do much that will require too much attention these days. I think it is the kid factor and more importantly the stress factor! Now, here in Miami, I have cooked many dinners, but a couple that were brand new...they turned out awesome. I think it is the fact that my mom entertained the kids while I worked. It took at least 1 1/2 hours, so that would be hard with kids in your face. I have been really relaxed and so even when my kids are being demanding it is easier to handle. Therefore, cooking was a blast and successful! Here are my new recipes:
Eggplant Parmesan: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/eggplant-parmesan-recipe/index.html
Macaroni and Cheese: http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.fc77a0dbc44dd1611e3bf410b5900aa0/?vgnextoid=6de461876e70f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default&rsc=header_4&autonomy_kw=macaroni+and+cheese
Both of these are NOT low fat. They are high in taste and flavor. I made half of the parmesan with the quick marinara recipe the provide, but added some basic chunky ragu with onion and garlic because I had way too many eggplant slices for 1 dish. I made two. In the Mac and Cheese, I was striving for simple like my grandmother's (missing her recipe) and searched all over the web for what I wanted. I found this one and then couldn't bring myself to buy the expensive Gruyere cheese that was 11 bucks here. I used white cheddar, swiss block, and 1 bag of yellow cheddar/monterey jack cheese shredded blend for the topping. I didn't have nutmeg or cayenne pepper. It was still delicious and honestly, I can't imagine those flavors in mac and cheese so I don't think I will use them next time either. This was my first time ever making homemade mac and my kids devoured it! YUMMY! Fatting, but yummy!
Eggplant Parmesan: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/eggplant-parmesan-recipe/index.html
Macaroni and Cheese: http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.fc77a0dbc44dd1611e3bf410b5900aa0/?vgnextoid=6de461876e70f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default&rsc=header_4&autonomy_kw=macaroni+and+cheese
Both of these are NOT low fat. They are high in taste and flavor. I made half of the parmesan with the quick marinara recipe the provide, but added some basic chunky ragu with onion and garlic because I had way too many eggplant slices for 1 dish. I made two. In the Mac and Cheese, I was striving for simple like my grandmother's (missing her recipe) and searched all over the web for what I wanted. I found this one and then couldn't bring myself to buy the expensive Gruyere cheese that was 11 bucks here. I used white cheddar, swiss block, and 1 bag of yellow cheddar/monterey jack cheese shredded blend for the topping. I didn't have nutmeg or cayenne pepper. It was still delicious and honestly, I can't imagine those flavors in mac and cheese so I don't think I will use them next time either. This was my first time ever making homemade mac and my kids devoured it! YUMMY! Fatting, but yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment