Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"What is better than girly?"

Here's the conversation!

L: Is Aunt Coursey living here now?
Mom: Yes, doesn't that sound like fun?!
L: Yeah!! But...she's too girlish.
Mom: Girlish?
L: Yeah, too girly!
Mom: What's wrong with being girly? I'm a girl?
L: No, you aren't girly.
Mom: I'm not? What am I then?
L: Better than girly.
Mom: What's better than girly?
L: Cool!

So, the verdicts out...I am officially cool. I couldn't claim that in high school or college. I don't know if I can honestly claim it now, but in my little boy's eyes I AM COOL! And in case you didn't know it, that is better than girly. Why do I try so hard to wear earrings and make up then? The only heart I am truly trying to steal is my kids anyway. That made my day...sorry Coursey isn't the cool one anymore. She is the girly one! HA! (Boy, that is a switch actually when comparing us sisters!)

5 comments:

Ryann said...

I second Luke-you ARE pretty cool!

melbo said...

What an honor to have your son call you cool! That is really a huge accomplishment. But I have to ask - has he seen your blog? Because your blog is pretty girly. (And cool!)

Dianah said...

I'll have to agree with Luke. You are soooo cool! I think it's funny. I can't wait till I get to have those conversations. You are quite lucky!

Cecy said...

I can't believe I'm crying!!! I must not be cool, still too girly. I can't wait till Aden and I have those type of conversations. I hope he also thinks his mommy is cool...=)

Mom and Dad said...

You know you're loved by Luke when he tells you that you are "cool." Wait until you get to be my age. Now I am "old and funny." Enjoy "cool" while you can. Mom M.