Thursday, February 28, 2008

I heart Bon Jovi...oh and Rob, my husband! :)








Rob took me to the Bon Jovi concert tonight to celebrate both of our birthdays...well, probably more to celebrate my birthday! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! We had great seats. He was an incredible performer. Not to mention, he is GORGEOUS! Really, I didn't realize his first song was in 1982! I was only 3! With that being said, I was one of the younger gals in the crowd. It was great to be at a concert with such a wide range of fans. The best part was watching these older women act like they were 20 again...dancing, singing, squealing, the works! Jon, since we are now on a first name basis, performed my two favorite songs from a platform in the middle of the floor off to the side of the stage. (I'll Be There For You & Bed of Roses) It was so romantic and the screens allowed me to see him really close up...see pictures. His show was so aerobic it is no wonder he looks so great after 20 years of performing and singing.

I have to say the highlight of the night was when Rob stood up and began to dance with me! He stood a lot, but he sung and danced to "Living on a Prayer!" He claims it was the one song by Bon Jovi he actually liked in 6th grade?! It was worth the price of the tickets just to sway and be silly to a Bon Jovi song together. Rob got major husband points tonight because it was a night I will not forget ever! Thanks to Rob and thanks to Jon...my heroes! Swoon. Sigh. Flutter my eyelashes. Melting. Any of you big 80's rock band fans?

5 comments:

Shelly said...

So jealous!!! How fun. Bon Jovi is still the best ever.

Andrea said...

Take me next time PLEEEEEASE!!

Andy and Katy said...

He is the best for sure. I was not even born in 1982 but my mom is a major fan too and I have grown up listening to him. Next time I am there we are going to rock out in the minivan. Rob is awesome to take you. Does this mean there could be another one on the way.
hee, hee, Katy

melbo said...

Oooooh I'm so jealous! Bon Jovi is still my favorite from the 80s. And my sister and I tried desperately in the 90s to find a singer hotter than him and we couldn't do it! I bet Rob was expecting some major thank you action after that one! I'm glad you had a blast :)

Ryann said...

I too am jealous! I heard all of the radio gimmicks for tickets and I seriously thought about doing them to score some tickets! How awesome for you!