These are the words I taught my three year old today when he attempted to tell me about the ice in his cup. I continued in my nostalgic moment by singing, or should I say rapping, the first verse of the song. After the giggles and danicng had passed, I realized I just showed my age. I can't believe I knew the words of that lame song and they came back to me with a memory of sitting my room jamming to my white boy (girl) rap! Hilarious! Luke doesn't even know why his mom was laughing so hard or why that moment will forever be in my mind as the day I was officially outdated! :) Anyone else know the words of a lame song from their childhood?
PS- another one I know the words to is, "I like big butts!" and the "humpty dance." I know, I know...I was a colorful kid growing up in miami...I also loved 80s rock. (I am even going to the Bon Jovi concert!)
6 comments:
I too can sing along with you!
I like big butts and I cannot lie, all those other brothers can't deny...
I know all of the verses, of course. But Bust a Move is my personal favorite
John totally knows all of the words to all of the songs you mentioned and yes, I too am starting to feel old.
I heard "put em on the glass" the other day on mtv and almost peed my pants. My kids thought that I was crazy, but they are all classics and will always make me smile! hee, hee, Katy
To call Vanilla Ice and the rest "classics" is a stretch. Wouldn't that mean they were good in their day? You might argue I'm not allowed to add my two cents on this one. When Vanilla was icing I was listening to bands that were already called classics. Led Zeppelin still rocks. ;-)
Post a Comment