Carys was dolled up for Valentine's Day today because she had a school party. I was a parent helper today so I had the chance to watch her in class. It was really fun to see how independent and confident she is around her peers and teachers. She didn't even break routine once with me present. She looked very grown up to me today and it didn't sadden me, but made me excited about the future girl time we will inevitably have in our boy-dominant home. Here are a few cute Carys things she's done lately:
1) I called her "cookie" one time on a whim. She immediately said, "I'm not a cookie, I'm Carys!" I explained it was because she was so sweet and LOVED cookies. Well, I didn't think it would stick, but the next day she referred to herself as cookie all day. She said, " your cookie is being silly," "your cookie loves you," and "your cookie wants a snack." I guess she decided it was a good nickname for her...and it is!
2) Today she was playing on the piano and singing a song. She turned to me and said, "Mom! I am singing a song and you listen to it and you WILL LIKE IT!" This was not a suggestion, but a command. I had to laugh because my own mother said that to me on a number of occasions about food and trips. (i.e. You will eat it and you will like it! You will go and you will like it!) My mom was, of course, joking, but Carys was dead serious!
In the words of my grandmother, "I just love that little sass-box!"
1 comment:
That is the cutest outfit ever. Love the socks!
Post a Comment