Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Quotation ponderings

I just love this quotation of the day...not that is applies to me, of course! Although, I will admit to being both the person on someone else's back and being the man carrying someone else. I actually feel we switch between these roles throughout our life and it is what makes the world go around. How else could we figure out what it means to be like Christ in helping with someone elses burdens? How else can we learn to be humble enough to lean on someone else for help and therefore learn to rely on the Lord as well? It just made me think...balance in all things, right? We just don't want to be too much of either.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means—except by getting off his back. – Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910)

No comments: