Friday, December 12, 2008

Luke-isms!

I know I post a ton of these Luke quotes, but this one really is so cute! Last week, he got in trouble and yes, I got a little impatient. Unfortunately, that means that I sort of gave him a mini lecture on appropriate behavior that ended up being way over his head leaving him with the basic message of, "you were rotten!" So, as usual, I felt bad minutes later and told him how I loved him and was sorry I lost my temper and he really is a super boy even when I am upset with his behavior. His reply was, "Mom, I love you. I love you through my madness...it(love) just cuts right through it (anger) and makes me happy again." Who wouldn't just pick that boy up and snuggle him with kisses, which is exactly what I did!

Here are a couple more:

Luke: Mom, do you think I am perfect?

Mom: I think you are as perfect as a four year old should be?

Luke: Yeah, but do you think I am perfect?

(why it was so difficult to say simply, yes you are perfect is still beyond me.)
Mom: You are perfect the way you are, yes.

Luke: Well, I think I am perfect. I am better than a cow walking on water!


Ok, here is my last one. I just said S%$t two times due to near accidents in the car...I know, bad mommy. I couldn't believe it slipped out like that, but it did. So, it was just me and him and I said, "Luke, mommy made a mistake in saying that word." Luke says," IS it a bad word? You said it 2 times!" I say, "Yes, mommy shouldn't have said it and I am sorry. Please don't ever repeat it...sometimes adults say things they shouldn't and it was an accident. ok?" To this he responds, "Well, mom, you know why I don't ever repeat things? I am my OWN MAN!!!" I think that is courtesy of his dad! It made me laugh and felt better about my former lapse in judgment.

No comments: