Thursday, November 27, 2008

Five More Things...

Five Things People may not know about me...

1. I hate the sound of my voice...like when you hear yourself on the answering machine or on a message. It makes me cringe and it sounds nothing like I think I sound...it is very disappointing and wonder why anyone talks to me on the phone. HA!

2. I absolutely hate, with a passion, to be hung up on or dismissed in similar fashion. It makes me kind of turn into a crazy person. I will call back until I get you...it is the height of rudeness in my book. I would rather be cursed at or yelled at than hung up on. I get mad even thinking about how infuriating it is. :)

3. I aspire to write a few books. I actually have titles and notes written on a few topics, but like most projects in my life they are left undone. I have so much to say...surprise, surprise! Maybe some day when I am Dr. Julie and have my PHD it will happen and you can say you knew me when I was up to my elbows in kid poop and had perpetual rings under my eyes! Hey, if you are really nice maybe I will put you in my acknowledgement. :0

4. I am petrified of spiders and really don't like most bugs. One time my mom and sister actually let a spider crawl on my shoulder without telling me because I was driving and they knew I would crash the car if I found out. Another time I screamed so loudly about a spider on the seat next to me that my mom nearly crashed the car. Now, I have grown up some and don't go quite as crazy (for fear of passing this fear on to my kids), but I still am pretty girly about it. One of me and Rob's first fight was about how he couldn't successfully kill the spider I saw in our bedroom and I thought was going to crawl up the bed skirt into our bed...I am a nut!

5. Once when I was 14ish I punched a grown man in the face...it was the most invigorating feeling in the world! We were both pretty shocked, but it was a real and steady punch. I have never done it since, but it was something I will never forget...showed me I was strong enough when I wanted to be. Sadly, it isn't much of a story though.


My TAG is to anyone who hasn't done this before.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

I have a similar spider phobia. So does Terry so when it comes down to who has to kill it, I always bust out that the man of the house has to. But like you, I try to be super brave in front of the kids-I don't what them to catch it. Although it is hard in England, as there are no screens on the windows and we have found way too many spiders in our house!