Friday, November 30, 2007

Bee Movie

Well, since Rob can't take me on a date, due to the insurmountable piles of notes and outlines for finals, Luke did! We went to see the animated "BEE MOVIE." It was great! I really enjoyed it. The only part that almost had Luke running for the doors was when Barry (Jerry) was nearly flushed down the toilet. Luckily he ended up surfing the waves on a nail file and I was able to spin the scare into a cool trick the bee did...Whew! (Luke has had a few nightmares about mommy going down the drain and so he has some fear when watching that sort of thing. Oddly enough he still enjoys bath time.) Afterwards we walked around the mall and talked to Santa. He loved telling him what he wanted for Christmas and it was a good low-key (the mall was empty) way to reintroduce St. Nicholas before we attempt pictures with him.

I have to say, Luke was a great date... He held my hand, said thanks, and didn't hog the popcorn! The down side is that I was a little sad that the day will come when he is too cool to sit alone at a movie with his mom. (Sigh) I think it was time we both needed. I loved spending the quiet time with him. We actually talked and I was in love with his personality which as many of you know can be a source of my impatience on an ordinary day. It just goes to show you how easy it is to get caught up in life and other kids and spouses and friends that you miss some of the simple joys. Hopefully, I will find more opportunities to tune into Luke and have our special time again.

Anyway, here is my plug to go see the movie! It was cute and funny! There isn't even a true villain or evil one which is nice for a change.

No comments: