Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dear Santa...

This year I would like one relaxing Christmas holiday please. I am desperate for feeling the reason for the season and seeing Christmas light displays. I love Christmas and all it has to offer. Last year was our first holiday home and we all got the flu for Christmas. This year we've made the decision to stay home again and I pray we have zero incidents of illness. I want to read the Christmas story with my kids, make Christmas cookies galore, drive by houses with lights, sing carols, and sit in the dark admiring my Christmas tree handy work. Oh I forgot watching all the Christmas movie classics! Luke has already been picking out stuff for Santa to bring like crazy.

I do have to say that holidays spent with family are wonderful, though. I think this year it will feel weird to have no grandma's houses to visit or other peoples yummy food to taste. We just had the entire Morgan family visit for Thanksgiving and it was fabulous. We truly had a nice time. I will post pictures soon.

I go a little crazy over the holidays with spending money and shopping. I love to give gifts! I really do. I love buying for the kids in my life and I love buying for my loved ones. This year we are trying to scale back and really stick to the basics of the holiday. I want my kids to know how important and meaningful this holiday really is because of Christ, not the gifts. Then I can go crazy on their birthdays! So, if anyone has any good holiday traditions and local events that are worth doing please share!

No comments: