Monday, November 05, 2007

My hubby gets mega-points for...


1. getting up in the morning with the kids this weekend because I was sick with the flu.
2. laying down with Luke to get him to sleep (which worked) so I could take a nap.
3. cuddling up close to keep me from shivering as I had a 102.8 fever and couldn't warm up.
4. feeding the kids breakfast Sat-Mon so I could get up slowly.
5. getting up with Luke 2 times last night to clean up minor puke and get him something to drink because I was back with a fever and sick as a dog... I didn't even have to ask.
6. making up ridiculous bedtime stories for Luke who is demanding them every night for bed.
7. telling gospel stories to Luke at bedtime.
8. kissing and hugging all of us as we are doing our best to get him sick too!
9. bathed Carys before bed.
10. doing all this and worked on a school paper and baked a pecan pie.

Wow! I have a wonderful man, don't I? I love you, Rob. I am sad he went to work today, but I am sure he was happy to go. We really have been pretty miserable this weekend. Hopefully we will be on the mend soon. Luke is showing signs of getting better. We will reemerge soon!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Sad - you said you were sick but I had no idea HOW sick! I'm glad Rob was taking good care of you - I could go for a slice of pecan pie myself :)

RTM said...

Thanks, toots. I always thought I was a great guy; I'm glad to know you do too. ;-)

Annie D, come get some pie. Julie wanted "a piece," which, of course, means I'll eat seven. (Three down on day one. Have I ever mentioned one of the qualities I like most about myself is my discipline and commitment to fitness?) I'd be happy to share with the kids, but apparently whatever bug is afflicting them has affected the part of their brains that would otherwise grant them enough intelligence to see that I'm offering them pie, not something they consider disgusting, like any kind of food that might sustain bodily functions and help them grow over 3 1/2 feet tall.

Natalie C. said...

Julie, I'm catching up on your blog. This is what I get for being behind. Sorry I didn't know you were sick! That sounded really miserable!