Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our little drama queen!




Carys has been simultaneously cracking us up and driving us crazy lately. We love that she is assertive and fiesty, but she really does think she rules the world. The problem is her world shatters when queen bee doesn't get her way. She has a very intense pouty face and a loud fake cry and her squeal can get her brother in trouble from a mile away. She has really begun to work her little girl magic. We still can't get enough of her because aside from that crazy side she is a super cuddly sweetie! She gives kisses like crazy and is always concerned about anyone being mad or sad. Her favorite saying is, "Don't be mad. Be happy." I just want to document a few funny things she has been doing lately before I forget...you know how it goes!

-At the beach she went around the table of 10+ adults and pretended to inhale and exhale like Darth Vader and said in her best DV voice, "I am Darth Vadar." She wouldn't allow anyone else to pretend or play because she is a one woman show.

-After trying to persuade mommy to give her a bath (mommy was talking to Aunt Jan) she went to daddy (talking to Uncle Mike) to ask him for her bath. He sent her back to me and this happened a few times. Then she stripped naked in the middle of the room and said loudly, "I am ready for bath NOW!" Ok, ok, we got the picture!

-Carys has been obsessed with turning 3 in June. She tells everyone. The other day she told me her friend Ry would come to her party and eat her cake too. She said, "It's too far. I have to find it." I asked, "Find what?" She replied, "I have to find my birthday party!" Pretty cute!

-Today she told me her first story. Imagine her broken speech as I will not attempt to write it that way.

"Once upon a time. A pony story. A mommy pony told the baby pony to go sleep. Baby pony cried. Mommy pony feeds the baby pony. UH End!"

I was impressed...it had good story elements for a nearly 3 year old!

-During Luke's swim lesson she turns to me and says, "I so proud of Lucas." I said, "I'm proud of him too." She scolded me, "No!, you not. I proud of Lucas!" After Luke's swim lesson she said, "so proud of you Lucas." She really wanted that role to tell him how great he did. Sweet.

-Someone said, "Hey you!" She responds, "I not you. You, you!"

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Carys is such a delight! She is all girl and so cute!
Luke is a real thinker. How many kids would think to put their bugger back in their nose! So funny! I wish I could give both of them a big squeeze right now! Grandma Lani