Friday, September 05, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle..

Yes, that is my new ring tone on my phone. Why you ask?

It felt appropriate as I listened to my two hyenas howling and yelping in the back seats.

It felt appropriate as my animals climbed on Target tables and railings and carts.

It felt appropriate when my Tasmanian devils managed to whirl around and knock over the rack of blue bags at The Children's Place.

It felt appropriate when my oldest wild cat snarled, hissed and clawed at me as I dragged him by the tail out of the store since obviously no productive shopping was occurring.

And finally, it felt appropriate as my monkeys fought over food with loud battle and warning cries until the Target popcorn bag ripped and pieces flew to the floor.

All the while, people notice me...the mom who attempts to lead these animals into the thick and pretend she is not losing her way just the same.

This is my personal jungle.

Now, I am feeling the calm as Carys sleeps and Luke watches some TV. Just one of those days that you know will end as you collapse on the bed at 11 pm.

2 comments:

Andy and Katy said...

I feel your pain, trust me!!!! I still love them and I know that you do too. Wish that you were closer so that we could do a trade off, or better yet leave the kids with the guys and have a mommies only night.

Mom and Dad said...

Enjoy the wild days along with the good days. Sooner than you think the kids will be all grown up. That is when you will miss those wild days. Mom M.