I have been plagued lately by my rage over this election.
I was just wondering about the basic logic and reasoning in this country. I have never claimed to be "in to politics," nor do I claim to know the historic patterns or deep seeded root of the problems we face in America. With that being said, I did not watch the entire convention. From what I gathered, Obama basically listed every problem that any American can face or that is present in our country and vowed to change them without raising taxes, actually while cutting some huge percentage of taxes. I wonder how that can be. It doesn't take a genius to see the error in logic. How can you fix all the problems in your term without spending money (putting the country in more debt or taking tax payers money). Not to mention that it would only be a matter of time before the empty promise of such would leave him in the position to have to renege on his word. How does he plan on changing the problems that he sees as being completely at republican fault...skyrocketing tuition, housing prices going down, and mortgages people can't afford (just a few of the problems he named in his theatrical performance the other night). Other politicians, like Al Gore have in so many words claimed that electing Obama will, by itself, reverse melting of glaciers, green the earth, and make the world love us. Seriously, did he complain about his wife and him having to repay student loans? How much do they make again...I think she makes $600,000 a year! It is so sad we believe anything that makes us feel good for the moment. Such an entitled and self-gratifying bunch of people. It is not enough to identify the need for change or to identify the issues. I feel like neither of our candidates are really skilled for the job. Isn't it a fact the only one in the race with any experience running something is the new Republican VP Nominee from Alaska who has been criticized already for her lack of experience? Does this scare anyone but me? or are we all sooooo eager for promises of change and pie in the sky dreams of a perfect country that we all get caught up.
This pretty much sums up my feelings about this political race. It has always been about who promises nicer outcomes (fancier dreams for us idiots to believe), none of which are truly backed with any experience, moral background, data, or a simple desire to do what is right. It is not a race for president and leadership, but a race to see who can become more popular to the massses before we all find out what they are really about behind closed doors. Both parties have been nasty and they always are...the commercials, the press being completely one-sided thus propelling the race whichever way they see fit (a subject all on its own), and dirty tricks to get ahead. All it really does is show the true colors of those fighting to run us. I go back to the question I posed many posts ago...why do we want to be completely run by some guy we barely know and will never really know. Even those who are far more educated on the issues have got to be confused by the craziness of the election. This begs the question why? Why do we allow ourselves to be preached to from all news channels and from these men that are supposed to lead with us? Why is it so difficult to get an actual plan to fix the issues in our country instead of a passionate promise without any idea of how. I don't know about you, but I am tired of the games politicians play and even more exhausted by us who allow and buy into this entire charade...as if this country will magically change by who we vote in for the next 4 years, while allowing our leaders to treat us like puppets, tugging our strings to say, "Aye Aye, Captain!" I will say one thing...we sure do like good speeches or should I say speech writers...maybe we should elect them.
3 comments:
As a former speechwriter, I accept your nomination! Thanks! You're great, Julie. It's a frustrating business.
Come on, Julie. Are you really telling me you don't believe that one vote, nay, one man, can't fix every problem in America from market corrections to erectile dysfunction? Why the lack of faith? Seriously, don't you yearn tearfully for "change?"
Um well put!!! YOu know that I am not a political girl whatsoever. I think Rob found that out when I asked him if I was a democrat or a republican when he was in town one time. I will go with what you said. hee,hee!!!
Post a Comment