Sunday, September 07, 2008

Seven years of good luck

Today was our seventh anniversary! When I think that I have been married that long it seems like it has flown by. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful hubby. I love him very much.

We seem to make a great team and have accomplished a lot in our short married life. Rob always looks at his life and sees what he hasn't achieved yet and feels like he is moving too slowly toward his goals. (he is just an extremely hard worker) I, on the other hand, look at life and try to see all we have done together and are still moving toward. When I think that we have both graduated college, Rob has worked through 2 graduate degrees while working full time, I got a teaching certificate and taught 2nd grade, we moved across the country, we've moved 4 times, we've owned two homes and 2 cars, we went to Alaska, Rob interned in Korea, and we've managed to have 2 gorgeous kids through it all, it puts huge smile on my face. We have had so many adventures in such a short time. I can't wait until I look back on 20, 30, or 50 years of marriage. I know we may not always seem like we've got a smooth sailing life, but I know we have a life, family, and marriage we can be proud of. Here's to many more years of (in Rob's words) wedded bliss. (Note the sarcasm and the wink!)

4 comments:

Ryann said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary!

Andy and Katy said...

Yea!!!!! Congratulations. I thought that 5 years seemed like a long time. I can only imagine what life has in store over the next 2 years. You guys have accomplished a ton and having a great family is the best yet, law school was pretty high up there as well.

ammon said...

Julie - Congratulations! And thanks for looking us up... it's been a long time! Would love to catch up. Best to catch me at ammon_matsuda@mckinsey.com. Again, congrats on 7 years!

Mom and Dad said...

Congratulations a little late! Dad and I think Rob did a very good job in choosing you to be his wife! We love you Julie and appreciate all you do for Rob and the kids. You are a great wife, mother, and daughter-in-law! We agree with the fact that the two of you have accomplished a lot since you have been married. We are very proud of you both. Luke and Carys are also delightful! We have such cute grandkids! Mom M.