Thursday, August 14, 2008

Luke finally outsmarted one..

a fish that is! He caught his first fish and it wasn't too shabby either. He was so proud. I received the proud phone call while I was in Walmart with Carys. (He evidently called everyone else too) He told me how big it was, how he reeled it in (by himself), what bait they used (chicken livers), and that it was indeed a Striped Bass. Rob and Luke have been fishing many times now and this is the first time they have been successful at catching a fish. They joke that they have to figure out how to outsmart the fish. This truly has proven to be a great father-son activity. I never would have thought my rambunctious boy who never sits still could enjoy the long and drawn out activity of fishing. Go Luke!

Here's a cute story:

After a few errant casts that plopped a few inches in front of him, Luke said, "AW! Who's going to take me fishing again with a cast like that?!" Rob replied, "I will!"

There a few pictures from our recent camping trip and from another quick overnight trip Rob and Luke went on at a local park. Luke just can't get enough of these outdoorsy activities...like father, like son!




Luke loves corn!

I wonder where he learned to take up this hobby? :)

Luke's first fish!
Carys getting ready for church in curlers for the first time!
Captain is looking pretty dopey in the picture, 14 mths old.

UH, GROSS! What good is camping if they can't get dirty?!

BatGirl Carys

The big boys checkin' out the tackle box.

Carys "Bluebeard" after eating a blue twizzler!

Look at that striper...not too bad for a first catch!

Luke hates to wear underwear. This is what happens when he doesn't! The funny thing is he knew I was trying to take a picture of it and he informed me that he does not like me taking a picture of his crack! :0

3 comments:

Andy and Katy said...

Way to go Luke!!!!! The pictures are great and that pic of Luke and his fish is the cutest thing ever. Definately frameworthy!!!! Have fun in Alaska and be safe. Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it.

Ryann said...

Wohoo! I am super impressed with that fish! Well done Luke!

Mom and Dad said...

I love Luke's independence. Some day you and Luke will laugh over the no underwear phase. What a crack- up. Pardon the pun! Mom M.