Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is it possible, that I am becoming a camper?

I'll admit camping wasn't my first choice of vacation things to do. However, I did marry a guy who loves the outdoors and have two children who also love being outside (like most kids). I committed to give camping the chance it deserves and we have been 3 times now. Each time we have gone it has improved so much! I think a lot of it is because we are getting better at camping. We know what to pack. We know what to cook. We know where to go and who to go with! This last trip was with 4 other families and we had a great time. I couldn't believe how much I relaxed! The adults had actual time to talk and laugh and get to know each other. The kids were filthy and had more fun than imaginable. Rob broke out our dutch oven and we made cobbler (thanks gpa for the recipe) and chicken pot pie for dinner. It was easy and delicious! I left happy to have been there and looking forward to our next camping trip. I honestly didn't think it would win me over. I am pleasantly surprised. Rob grew up camping pretty regularly and he has always planned on doing so with our family. I am glad that I no longer have to consider it my compromise in our family life and it is now just a part of our family life that we all can enjoy together. Thanks to our friends who helped make this trip so much fun. I will post some pics soon hopefully.

1 comment:

Dianah said...

I am glad that you had fun camping. Me? My ideal camping situation is staying at a hotel then driving to the campsite and then cook-out. If my tent came with a nice bed and pillow, warm shower, and a locked door, then I might consider camping more often. I think the last time I camped was first beehive year for girls camp. Never went back. It really made an impression on me, that's for sure!