Friday, June 24, 2011

Last Day of School Messy-Party and Tina's visit!

A while ago a friend posted some pictures of their pudding painting summer fun and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind! I just had to do something messy! I decided the last day of school is a great occasion for such a fun activity! I started only inviting neighbors since they can run home and clean off when finished, but I ended up opening it up to a few close friends, too. Tina and her kids came to visit and I was so glad they were here for it! If anyone ever wants to repeat it, here are a few of the things I did. I will add some activities (and kids) next year when I do it (yes, I think it will be an annual thing, so mark your calendars) since now I know that the kids are totally up for getting dirty! oh, the things I can come up with...parents will hate me!!! (insert my evil laugh here). The kids each brought a towel and can of whipped cream. They each filled two pie plate with cream to start and they lined up to throw their pies. Next we had them split into teams and paint their faces with cool whip. The partner was supposed to throw cheetos a the cool whip faces to see how many stuck. unfortunately, we live in 80% humidity and the cool whip was melting straight off their faces...oh well, they ate the cheetos instead--crisis averted. We had a pudding painting station on the side of the house with two tubs of pudding, both chocolate and vanilla. They could hose off in the slip n slide and the pool. I added a little bit of chocolate syrup to the slide so it was extra fun. They grabbed whatever messy materials were left (syrup, pudding, cool whip, water) and basically played war and chase until it was all gone! It was pretty funny to watch the kids go at it! We ended with root beer floats. It all cleaned up really quickly with the hose and lasted about 1.5 hours. It was tons of fun and a total success. I look forward to next year!

Carys needed a snack!
Carson is always all smiles...love it!
Luke is winding up for the kill!
1,2,3, throw! It was a sloppy mess!



Luke
Alysson even looks pretty covered in cool whip!
Carys

Luke and Nick H. getting ammunition.

Sam and TJ were the funniest of the group. They fought a good fight together!




1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think I may need to copy you :-) This looked like so much fun!