Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

Well, Christmas has come and gone and it has been one of the best! The magic of the season really descended on our home this year. We planned some great activities to do as a family, we didn't over schedule ourselves, we shopped early, and my family (mom and Kevin) came to visit! It has been WAY too long since I have blogged, but I am just going to start where I am.

Highlights:

Tree Trimming


Polar Express Kid Night complete with an awesome hot chocolate bar!


Temple Lights with some friends-




Christmas shopping and crafts- (pics from Black Friday are not downloading from my phone)

Rudolph play and Christmas Concert by the Choral Arts at the Kennedy Center

and of course...

Baking!!! (Vanilla bean angel pillows, mint chocolate chip cookies, cranberry white chocolate macadamia nut bars, orange kissed brownies)

CHRISTMAS MORNING was the BEST! !



I just loved these pics of the kids running down the stairs!


We had a lovely breakfast as a family before we went downstairs to open wrapped gifts.


Cam needs a break from all of this commotion!


Mom Mom and Dad Dad joined us as we opened presents via Skype!

Coursey and Mom rocking out to Rock Band



This air hockey table may be for the little ones, but the adults can sure have quite the battle, too!


It has been so much fun to have family here for Christmas this year. The kids have had undivided attention and always have someone to play their new games with. I was able to get all of the fuss of Christmas over so I could really enjoy the actual day. My biggest present has been my mom helping out so much around the house...she organized my entire kitchen! Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

RTM said...

And thanks to Julie's bargain hunting, black Friday craziness, and endless lists and plans, we were able to spoil the kids pretty well despite a much smaller budget this year! Way to go Jewls!

Leslie said...

I gotta say, those are some great pictures Julie! The kids coming down the stairs are priceless!

And I think I need to borrow the unwrapped gift idea from Santa. Why hadn't I thought of that??