Well, despite my constant begging and pleading, my kids just keep on getting older (which means I am too!). Cameron is no exception...he went and turned 1 without my consent! In some ways he has been a dream baby. In other ways not so much. He began life with a 7 day quarantine in my bedroom (H1N1 hit our home) which proved to be great bonding time. He was super quiet and easy until about 6 months and then each month he got a little more vocal and a slept a little less each night. Not sure why he stopped sleeping so great, but I am still battling it. (yes, we do the cry out and he cries it out while I listen in my bed at least twice a night). BUT, I digress...let's talk about his wonderful qualities! He is so cute with his dimples and 4 front teeth (he is just now getting 2 more)! He has blond little curls and just lights up a room with his giggle. He is extremely playful and LOVES kids. He does love his mom...A LOT...(translation: he doesn't let me leave him easily). He LOVEs his dad even more than me which oddly doesn't bother me at all...hee hee hee!
I sat down today to look at some of the pictures of my Cam 1 year ago...hospital pics mostly, but, I still remember it like it was yesterday. I think that is the curse of the last kid. You remember things much more clearly. Almost as if you are trying to permanently press them into your brain so you don't forget these years or how a newborn baby feels and smells. Cameron has been such a wonderful little guy in our home. I don't think Rob has been more attached to a baby. It probably helps that Cameron looks JUST LIKE HIM!
Anyway, my mom came into town to celebrate Cam's first birthday and Halloween. It was perfect timing for us to have grandma here. The kids just love the attention and I just love the distraction and entertainment of having her here. We didn't do a big birthday bash, but we did decorate cupcakes together and had some fun watching Cameron play with his new toys. He had SO much fun with his new stuff eventhough the older two kids could NOT stand him getting the attention. Here are some pictures you can see for yourselves!
2 comments:
He is such a cute kid! You really do have an adorable family, i dont think i can compete with that!
Time is so fleeting. Cameron no longer looks like a baby in these pictures, but rather a little man. All your kids are darling. Enjoy every day with them, they do grow up too fast!
Post a Comment