Monday, May 03, 2010

Ninja Luke!

It really is hard to believe that Luke is 6! He is such a strong, independent little man! He is so sensitive and loving, yet so strong-willed and bold. I love him so much.

This year he wanted a Ninja themed party. Some of you may know about my sick obsession/love of birthday parties or rather kid parties! I really enjoy throwing these celebrations and while I realize that they would be just as happy with cake and ice cream, I feel I am expressing myself and my feelings in a different way than I normally do. Luke really had a blast this year! The kids had to come ready for training. They had to learn ninja skills: chopstick practice, writing, kicks, ninja star throwing, board breaking, and of course some battle moves! This would lead them to a Black Belt and finally become a REAL NINJA! My sister was nice enough to help me demonstrate and teach the kids...it really was quite comical when you watch the video! Some day I am sure I will be extremely embarrassed when we review them with my grown kids as they poke fun of my lame kicks and punches!

Anyway, the kids arrived totally pumped and ready to learn how to be awesome ninjas! Shhh! don't tell them, that I have never taken a karate class in my life! We were lucky enough to have a kid there that new some real moves and could help keep us on track. Really, it was tons of fun and it went by very quickly! They all earned black belts and nobody hurt or killed anybody else. (it was a rule.) I know, it seems crazy to willingly allow 12 boys to pick up weapons, learn fighting moves, and encourage rowdy behavior, but you are only 6 once, right?! (In my case, I get to pretend I am 6 at least 2 more times with Carys and Cam.) There are TONS of pictures...please stay a while and check them out!




3 comments:

Andy and Katy said...

That is the best party ever. You are so creative, I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a fun, well-planned party. I love the headbands and other themed details. It is definitely a boy's dream to celebrate a birthday in the form of controlled and supervised violence---and there's nothing wrong with it!!!

Happy b-day to the karate kid!

Stacey said...

what a great birthday idea. i love it! you are so talented and such a fun mom! luke is lucky to have you! so creative! love everything about this party. i'll call you to get all the tips for a future ninja party. so cool!!!