Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!

This season I haven't been as motivated with the pregnancy, but I do love Halloween. I decided to get my butt in gear and try to do a few crafts with the kids while I can. We made candy necklaces...yummy and gross at the same time. We made a jalopy foam car that was much more difficult than it seemed. I had to go back and hot glue the pieces since the car kept falling apart. The end product is pretty cute though. We decided to make our own trick or treat bags this year. We found two bags made of that same material the reusable grocery sacks are made of. Then we used craft paint, stickers, and such to decorate them. The kids had a lot of fun with this and it was not messy or difficult. One year Luke and I made one of those gingerbread haunted houses with orange and black frosting...big mistake, big mess, big disaster. So, I was happy to find some nice things to do. Last we carved a pumpkin today. Actually, Rob carved and we watched, but Luke chose the picture and Carys watched curiously. Carys refused to touch the seeds, but Luke helped clean it out in true boy form! Now, I am ready to hit the week of costume parades, trunk or treats, and trick or treating!








4 comments:

Erika said...

You always did have the best halloween parties! Tell Rob I am lovin the beard. Nice. Oh, and I double dog dare him to put those pumkin guts in his mouth. With my pregnant self...I started to almost gag. Grody!

Sarah said...

I think Rob should keep sporting his beard. Looks good. And your crafts look fun!! I love that last picture with all 3 of them. Such a good looking bunch you have! I miss you guys!!!

Tina said...

Cute projects! I love the car!

Unknown said...

What is it about pretending to eat the pumpkin guts? Must be an O-town thing... J does the same thing. You guys all look great!