Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Great Wall of Chocolate...



is ONE of the reasons I got stuck getting out of the car last night. Not the specific cake, but it serves as a symbol of all the yummies I have happily devoured during this pregnancy...JK! I just have to record this for my kids/family to laugh at when I am old.

A friend parked the car and asked, "Do you have enough room to get out on that side?" She clarified with something along the lines of, "I am not saying you need the room, just that the car is a little close and the spot is tight." (which in my defense, it was and the sports car next to us was on the line.) I, of course, was not offended and laughed at the thought of getting stuck. I mean, seriously, who gets stuck in a car door?! Oh yeah...that would be me, nine months pregnant! The entire car unloaded and I tried not to hit the other car's side mirror with the door. I slid off the seat and there I was stuck with my belly touching the door and butt touching the car with no movement to be made. The real embarrassment hit when I realized I had to yell over the car, "I can't get out! I am actually stuck...for real!" So, needless to say we moved the car up to a larger spot in order to accommodate our wide load... ME!!! (I really am not that huge, I promise!) I was laughing so hard, though. At least I was laughing at myself and not crying, right? Too funny! Definitely started the night off with a bang and made a great memory!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

i think i've only retold this story 5 times in the last two days :) anonymously of course!