Monday, June 08, 2009



My baby is three! Although I knew it was coming, Sunday sort of snuck up on me. It was a good thing I bought her a bike for 10 bucks way back in the fall or else she would not have had 1 gift! I know, I know...LAME! In my defense, I did help plan a ward activity Saturday and was very busy with that. For those of you who know how I LOVE kid parties, I just couldn't half plan hers while I worked on the Ward activity. Now, I am ready and excited to plan her "Ariel/tea cup" party (whatever that is?). And to all of you who say, "it is a good thing she doesn't care about her birthday party," you are wrong in this case. She has been talking about "finding her birthday party," and how she is turning 3 in June ever since we celebrated Luke's birthday in April. She is not to be forgotten after watching his festivities. That is one thing I can say I love about her...she does not wait to be noticed. We managed to salvage a few pieces of cake, from Saturday's party, to stick a candle in. We gave her a bike and she felt like it was a good day. She is still wondering when her friends are coming over so I better get going!

On a more sentimental note...

This birthday was a little sad to me. I think it is the combination of pregnancy hormones and the fact that she really isn't going to be the baby in the family anymore. I am sure many parents agree that birthdays are bittersweet sometimes. She just looked so big on her first bike. She sounded big as she told people, in her proudest voice with her largest smile, "I am three!" I guess she really is big! We love her and while I am sad she is growing up, I am very proud of her too.





She asks, "Should I close my eyes?" This was right after dinner when Rob was bringing out the bike.

Surprise!



Enjoying a Popsicle after a hard bike ride!

Carys opening a gift from Grandma!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It looks like she had a fun b-day! I wish I could have been there to help her celebrate. I had so much fun with her in VA beach. She is such a fun, intelligent, beautiful little 3 year old! Have fun at her birthday party...I'm sure she'll be glad to finally "find it"!! :)